Allegations: Orien Harris
Miami booster Nevin Shapiro alleges he provided Orien Harris with multiple forms of extra benefits during the player’s career at Miami. Among the benefits he claimed to have provided:
• VIP access and drinks at nightclubs
• Leisure trips on his $1.6 million yacht.
• Multiple cash gifts.
• A $250 bounty for a fumble recovery in a 27-7 road win over Virginia Tech on Nov. 5, 2005.
• Food, drinks and entertainment at his $2.7 million Miami Beach home.
• Shapiro also claims that his former partner at Axcess Sports – one-time agent and current UFL commissioner Michael Huyghue – provided extra benefits to Harris during his days at Miami.
• One source corroborated Shapiro’s gifting of drinks and VIP access at clubs, as well as cash gifts.
• Yahoo! Sports has obtained photos of Harris aboard Shapiro’s yacht in 2003, as well as attending Shapiro’s 34th birthday party at his Miami Beach home in April 2003.
In Shapiro’s words
• “Orien Harris was part of that first wave of players that I was getting involved with at the University of Miami. He was like right on the cusp time-wise.”
• “He was at every single club event. He was in my house so many times I can’t remember. I had given him cash a number of times. He was on my boat.”
Did respond to a phone message or a Facebook message.