Allegations: Marcus Maxey
Marcus Maxey was one of dozens of Hurricanes players named by Nevin Shapiro in recorded interviews with federal agents. During those interviews, the booster admitted supplying benefits to an array of Miami players from 2002 to 2010. Shapiro alleges he provided multiple extra benefits to Maxey during his career with the Hurricanes. Among the benefits he claimed to have provided:
• Entertainment on Shapiro’s $1.6 million yacht and jet skis on multiple occasions.
• Food, drinks and entertainment in Shapiro’s $2.7 million Miami Beach home on multiple occasions.
• Drinks and VIP access in nightclubs on multiple occasions.
• Yahoo! Sports acquired a photo of Maxey and other players at Shapiro’s home during a party for the booster’s 34th birthday.
In Shapiro’s words
• “Marcus Maxey was Antrel [Rolle’s] best friend. He was always around. We used to jet ski together, a number of times, him, Antrel and myself. He was at my house so many times there’s not even a number I can put on it. He was always in the club scene with us. He was just always available.”
Did not respond to phone or Facebook messages.