The same day Conor McGregor reportedly closed the door on one of his pending legal matters, a new one has apparently opened up.
Irish police are investigating claims that the fighter punched a man in a Dublin bar following a heated verbal exchange on Saturday, according to the Irish Mirror.
The gardai, Ireland’s national police force, reportedly confirmed to the Mirror that it is investigating an alleged assault that occurred in the Marble Arch pub, with no arrests being made yet.
How Conor McGregor’s bar fight reportedly went down
Multiple sources from the Mirror paint a picture of a bar patron drunkenly confronting McGregor over his behavior and taunting him over his UFC lightweight title fight loss last year against Khabib Nurmagomedov:
One said: “McGregor was being a show off in the pub and one man didn’t like it and went up to have a word with him.”
A second source said that before the alleged punch-up, someone approached McGregor, saying: “The Russian battered you.”
He said: “There was a bit of a commotion, [McGregor] was acting the mick and there was an incident.
“There weren’t many people in the bar at the time, there was drink involved.
“The man that was allegedly assaulted is from Ballyfermot and drinks in the pub a good bit.”
It’s unclear if this was a single patron or multiple ones confronting McGregor.
The latest drama from Conor McGregor
Saturday’s incident is the latest instance of McGregor hitting the headlines for the wrong reasons. This isn’t even his first reported bar fight. Most recently, he settled a lawsuit over an incident at a Miami nightclub in March where he knocked a man’s phone to the ground and stomped on it.
Just two weeks ago, the Irishman announced his retirement from mixed martial arts, then seemed to announce his return days later. He is also expected to have a talk with Dana White following a string of racist taunts directed at Nurmagomedov on Twitter.
Most seriously, McGregor is still reportedly under investigation by Irish police for an alleged sexual assault in Ireland.
It has been six months since McGregor’s last UFC fight, his loss to Nurmagomedov. His suspension for his role in the post-fight chaos that night has since run out, but he still does not have his next fight scheduled.
More from Yahoo Sports: