Sunday evening's Academy Awards were filled with a year's worth of celebrity sightings -- from Bradley Cooper to Tom Hanks -- but the show's attendees could have also included the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.
According to new reports, the royal couple was invited to attend the annual awards show and were even approached by the academy to present the award for Best Picture.
"They were honoured by the request, but declined the invitation," said royal reporter Emily Nash of Hello! Magazine.
The couple's attendance at the Oscars would have been a surprise, but not entirely unusual for the couple, especially given Meghan's Hollywood roots.
And last week, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attended the 2020 BAFTAs in London alongside many of the same celebrity guests. Prince William has been president of the association, which is the British equivalent of the Academy Awards, for a decade.
The news comes days after Meghan and Harry made their first appearance after announcing that they would be stepping back from their royal duties and move to Canada. The couple allegedly attended JPMorgan's annual AIS, the Alternative Investment Summit, in Miami Beach last week, where the duke gave a speech.
"It was all very hush-hush, with a lot of security," said a source.
The couple was also spotted spending time with Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez during the private event.
"The couples talked about all the major events going on in their lives and most of it was about their children," a source told ET. The couples also discussed "meeting up again in the future in a less formal situation."