- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
After leaving Friday’s game on crutches, Los Angeles Clippers guard Austin Rivers had an MRI on Saturday that revealed a right Achilles tendon strain, league sources told Yahoo Sports.
With the MRI returning negative for a tear, Rivers is expected to be day-to-day, league sources said.
Rivers had 13 points in Friday’s road win against the Lakers before exiting the game with the injury. The Clippers are currently 15-19 despite several injuries, but welcomed the return of All-Star forward Blake Griffin to the lineup on Friday. Los Angeles is 2.5 games out of the eighth seed in the Western Conference.
Rivers, 25, is averaging career highs of 15.8 points, 3.6 assists and 40.5 percent 3-point shooting over 32 games this season.
More from Yahoo Sports:
• Liberty Bowl stage collapses under celebrating Iowa State players
• New sports curse? Rival flag buried at Vegas stadium site
• Heisman winner Mayfield feeling sick ahead of Rose Bowl
• 49er is prepared to be blackballed by NFL teams