- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
Punters are players too, just as capable of doing something to get themselves suspended as their offensive and defensive teammates.
LSU punter Brad Wing has been suspended for the Chick-fil-A Bowl against Clemson for a violation of team rules, the New Orleans Times-Picayune reported. Wing could leave early for the NFL after his suspension, which is the most non-punter thing possible.
This is a pretty big loss for LSU, because Wing is one of the best punters in the nation. The Australian redshirt sophomore averaged 44.4 yards per punt last year and 44.8 this year. Freshman Jamie Keehn, another Australian, will likely replace Wing for the bowl game. Keehn kicked in the season opener when Wing was out.
- - -
Got a tip for Dr. Saturday? Email us at email@example.com . You can also connect with us via Twitter @YahooDrSaturday and be sure to "Like" Dr. Saturday on Facebook for football conversations and stuff you won't see on the blog.
Related bowl coverage on Yahoo! Sports:
Other popular content on the Yahoo! network:
• Grading college football's coaching hires
• Can Texas contend for an NCAA bid without Myck Kabongo?
• Robert Griffin III fined $10,000 for wearing Adidas at postgame conference
• Y! News: Packages meant for troops stolen