Warriors' Bogut might miss up to another three months

The Sports Xchange
The SportsXchangeNovember 29, 2012


The Golden State Warriors won't get center Andrew Bogut back as soon as they hoped.
The team and the 7-footer announced that Bogut's left ankle surgery in April was a microfracture procedure, not an arthroscopic cleanup as was previously reported. It's possible Bogut could be out "one, two or three months," he said, according to the Oakland Tribune.
Bogut returned to action at the start of the season, playing four of the Warriors' first five games. He played between 17 and 19 minutes each time, and he averaged six points and 3.8 rebounds per game.
He last saw action Nov. 7 before he was shut down, with the Warriors hoping he'd only be out a short spell.
"I'm still a little ways off," Bogut said, according to the San Francisco Chronicle. "It's an interesting rehab, because there's no real timeline for it. I'll be back when I'm ready to play at 100 percent."
He admitted that he might have returned too soon.
"It was probably my mistake early on," he said, according to the Tribune. "The team was very supportive, but I wanted to play the first game of the season. If I hadn't played a game yet, I'd be asking myself, 'Could I have played?' Now I know that I shouldn't have tried."
According to the Chronicle, coach Mark Jackson said, "We're not pressuring him. I want him back when he's healthy. We're going to hold down the fort and take care of business. We're more than capable of going out and taking care of the job. We don't want him on the floor until he's 100 percent. You get uncomfortable and more frustrated when you try to rush it back."
Bogut joined the Warriors in March in a trade that sent Monte Ellis to the Milwaukee Bucks. He last played for Milwaukee on Jan. 25 before he was shut down for the season due to the ankle injury.