NEW YORK (AP) -- Ballot and comments from AP Pro 32 panel voter Clark Judge of CBSSports.com:
CLARK JUDGE (CBSSports.com)
1. New York Giants - Last time I checked, they hadn't lost a game since Super Bowl.
2. Green Bay Packers - Learned hard way last year that defense still matters.
3. New England Patriots - Better, deeper than team that went to Super Bowl last year.
4. San Francisco 49ers - Defense returns intact; makes 49ers automatic Super Bowl contender.
7. Chicago Bears - Bears are covered at positions that cost them playoff shot in 2011.
8. Pittsburgh Steelers - Much depends on Haley/Roethlisberger relationship, but history tells us when Steelers miss out on division title almost always bounce back.
9. Atlanta Falcons - Bountygate gives Falcons an opening. Now, can Matt Ryan win a playoff game?
10. Baltimore Ravens - Not sure why, but have a feeling Ravens might be sliding backward.
11. Denver Broncos - So Peyton Manning clears first hurdle. Now comes Pittsburgh in Game One. Uh-oh.
12. New Orleans Saints - Saints still have ton of talent, plus Drew Brees. No Sean Payton will keep them down.
13. Cincinnati Bengals - Look at Bengals' early schedule. I'd be shocked if they're not 5-1 after 6 weeks.
14. San Diego Chargers - Defense should improve, but Jared Gaither issues make me nervous about these guys.
15. Detroit Lions - William Ford's comments aside, think Lions are third-best team in NFC North.
16. Dallas Cowboys - Forget the Giants. It's time Dallas ''beats somebody's else's (butt),'' as Jerry Jones would put it.
17. Kansas City Chiefs - Chiefs trendy pick, but not sold on Romeo Crennel as coach ... yet.
18. Buffalo Bills - Bills made all right offseason moves, but still play second to Pats in division.
19. Tennessee Titans - Jake Locker plus revitalized Chris Johnson could make these guys dangerous.
20. Seattle Seahawks - I'm nervous about anyone who starts a 5-11 rookie at quarterback.
21. New York Jets - Forget Tebow-Sanchez, could be defense-offense war if Jets can't find end zone.
22. Carolina Panthers - Yeah, Cam Newton is sensational. But can he win? Guess we're about to find out.
23. Oakland Raiders - Raiders have right idea, but will take at least a year for these guys to break through.
24. Washington Redskins - Yes, 'Skins have RG3, but they also have fourth-best team in NFC East.
25. Arizona Cardinals - Everything just right, except for QB and OL ... which means everything is not OK.
26. Miami Dolphins - Not enough playmakers on offense plus rookie quarterback equals another long season.
27. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - I'll be honest: I don't know which Josh Freeman shows up.
28. St. Louis Rams - Jeff Fisher makes Rams better, but this is no overnight fix.
29. Jacksonville Jaguars - MJD holdout the first in series of headaches for team in search of an identity.
30. Indianapolis Colts - Colts will put points on board. Unfortunately, opponents may put up more.
31. Minnesota Vikings - I don't know how these guys survive in NFC North.
32. Cleveland Browns - Lots of changes coming here, but most are a year away. In the meantime ... ugh.
Online: http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL
- New York Giants
- New England Patriots
- Green Bay Packers
- San Francisco 49ers