Webb Simpson is up there, but Tiger is first. (Getty Images)
It's time for the latest Devil Ball Power Rankings, our look at who's up and who's down in the world of golf. Your panelists are an esteemed group of the world's greatest golf journalists ... or so our mothers tell us. Devil Ball Golf's Jay Busbee and Jonathan Wall, Golf Channel/Golf Talk Central's Ryan Ballengee and special guest Yahoo! Sports columnist Eric Adelson bring you these, our rankings. Enjoy as we speculate on what each player is doing prior to the British Open.
1.(3 first-place votes). He misses the cut and jumps to the No. 1 spot. So he'll spend this week before the British hitting himself in the face with a frying pan on the expectation that good luck follows dumb moves. Last week: 1.
2.. Trying not to jump reflexively at every bird call. Also trying to trademark "Enjoy the jail cell, pal" catchphrase. Last week: 3.
3. Luke Donald. Spending this week staring into the mirror and telling himself, "you can do this...you can do this...stop crying, you can do this..." Last week: 5.
4. Matt Kuchar. Positive visualization. Imagine hoisting that trophy, Matt. Imagine it. No, don't drop it! Last week: T6.
5. Lee Westwood. His handlers haven't told him the British is next week. They've told him he's flying to Trinidad to compete in the Caribbean Open against a bunch of dudes who took up the game last week. Last week: 4.
6. Jason Dufner. Spending the entire week trolling Alabama fans by phone, one at a time. Last week: 2.
7. Rory McIlroy. Practicing with focus and dedication. Last week: 9.
8. Bubba Watson. Trying not to panic when he learned he won't be hitting the ball out of trees very much next week. Last week: 3.
9. Steve Stricker. Preparing to absolutely own the John Deere and then implode at a major. Last week: NR.
10. Rickie Fowler. Probably going to tee off in Westminster Abbey or something for the latest Red Bull stunt. Last week: NR.
Dropping out of the rankings: Hunter Mahan, Marc Leishman.
Also receiving votes: Graeme McDowell, Hunter Mahan, Justin Rose, Ted Potter Jr.
All right, your turn. Who belongs where?
Other popular content on the Yahoo! network:
• Tim Brown: Justin Verlander's fastball thrills everyone but NL hitters
• Carmelo Anthony talks about Team USA's chances of winning gold
• Olympians featured nude in ESPN's 'Body Issue'
• Y! Homes: Properties for sale designed to keep out zombies
- Sports & Recreation
- Tiger Woods