- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
Good news for all you Rory McIlroy fans out there: the 23-year-old has been working hard on his game ahead of the Open Championship at Royal Lytham and St Annes. Yep, he's been perfecting the 150-yard approach shot ... off the crossbar.
McIlroy, who was doing some promo work for EA Sports' Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 video game, spent a couple minutes trying to hit a soccer goal crossbar from 150 yards out. After taking a couple tries to gauge the distance, McIlroy zeroed and nailed it.
No word yet if officials at the R&A are going to add a crossbar challenge to this year's Open, but if they do, there's a good chance McIlroy would come out on top.
Other popular content on the Yahoo! network:
• Tim Brown: Justin Verlander's fastball thrills everyone but NL hitters
• Heat acquire Rashard Lewis; more ring-seeking veterans on the way?
• Londoners unhappy with far-reaching Olympic security measures
• omg!: Michael Phelps squashes 12,000 calories-per-day rumors