UFC Again Releases Thiago Silva After Wife Provides New Video Evidence Against Him

MMA Weekly
UFC Again Releases Thiago Silva After Wife Provides New Video Evidence Against Him
UFC Again Releases Thiago Silva After Wife Provides New Video Evidence Against Him

Two weeks after being reinstated by the UFC, Thiago Silva has once again been released.

Silva’s return to the UFC was announced by his fight team, The Blackzilians, a day after all charges stemming from a Feb. 7 arrest in Florida were dropped. The arrest was related to an incident involving Silva, his estranged wife, and her then-boyfriend.

“We are proud to announce that Thiago Silva is officially back with the #UFC,” wrote The Blackzilians on Sept. 5. “We are truly thankful to the UFC and hope to see him fighting again by January.”

Scroll to continue with content
Ad

Initially facing two counts of aggravated assault with a firearm, aggravated battery with a deadly weapon, and resisting arrest without violence, the charges against Silva were dropped on Sept. 4, according to an initial report from TMZ Sports.

“All charges against Thiago Silva were dropped. The victim was uncooperative, and investigators determined that she has likely moved out of the country,” the Broward County Attorney’s Office told TMZ.

Thinking he was done with the matter and his career back on track, Silva’s life once again did a 180-degree turn on Friday when his estranged wife, Thaysa Kamiji, according to Globo’s Extra, released two videos. One allegedly shows Silva trying to find a male companion that his wife was hiding in her house, and the second allegedly showing him high on cocaine.

SEE ALSO: Wife's New Videos Expose Thiago Silva

In the second video, Kamiji reportedly says that she took the opportunity to flee to Abu Dhabi to start over.

As a result of the mounting evidence against Silva, UFC officials on Friday revealed that they had once again released the fighter.

“Thiago Silva was released from his UFC contract on Feb. 7 due to his arrest by police in South Florida. The charges against Silva were dropped by the Broward County District Attorney’s office and Silva was re-signed to the UFC earlier this month,” read the UFC’s statement.

“Based on new information received today in the form of video and audio evidence, Silva has been terminated from his UFC contract.”

Follow MMAWeekly.com on FacebookTwitter and Instagram.

What to Read Next