PSA: Growing your own herb garden (even a tiny one on the windowsill) will change your life. Fresh herbs add so much flavor to a variety of dishes and having them at your disposal 24/7 is never a bad thing. The first herb you should plant? Mint. It’s easy to grow, hard to kill and will make your whole house smell divine. It offers freshness to yogurt dips and cool spreads, herbaceous flavor to meat dishes and salads and zippy brightness to decadent desserts and cocktails. Here are 35 mint recipes that will make you wish you’d been growing it for years.
1. Spring Pea Soup with Mint
2. Cantaloupe-Mint Sorbet
3. Juicy Green Pineapple Smoothie with Mint, Basil and Spirulina
It’s easy being green with this breakfast powerhouse on your team. Mint aids with digestion and bloating, while spirulina (aka blue-green algae) provides protein, iron, iodine, beta-carotene and so much more.
4. Seared Scallops with Green Peas, Mint and Shallots
5. Melon Salad with Chili Powder, Mint, Lime and Flaky Sea Salt
6. Instant Pot Spaghetti with Goat Cheese, Mint and Peas
This cozy main only needs 30 minutes in the pressure cooker to come together. The key to al dente Instant Pot pasta is dropping the noodles in dry with the aromatics so they absorb more flavor, then quick-releasing the pressure once they’re cooked.
7. Cilantro Mint Chutney Swirled Hummus
8. Mint Julep
The refreshing bourbon drink has been served at every Kentucky Derby since the late 1930s. But you don’t have to head down south to taste it: We tapped the former official mixologist of the iconic horserace for the O.G. recipe.
9. No-Churn Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Not only is the heavy cream infused with mint on the stove for maximum flavor, but peppermint extract is also added to the mix before freezing.
10. Minty-Fresh Zucchini Salad with Marinated Feta
11. Mango Guacamole
12. Falafel Salad with Spicy Yogurt Sauce
Since nobody gets excited about digging into a bed of lettuce, we spiced up the greens with radicchio, parsley, cilantro and mint.
13. One-Pot Pasta with Vegetables
14. Pomegranate-Maple Glazed Lamb Chops
15. Blood Orange-Mint Gin Fizz
16. Baileys Mint Chocolate Chip Pops in Hot Americano
17. Champagne Watermelon Cocktail
18. Citrus, Fennel and Avocado Salad
Fresh mint and parsley star in a simple lemon-olive oil dressing that brings peppery arugula, creamy avocado and sharp fennel to life.
19. Spicy Couscous with Yogurt
Earthy whole-wheat couscous meets crunchy almonds, fresh mint and cool yogurt for a side dish that’s anything but boring. It’s all tossed in a spicy harissa vinaigrette for good measure too.
20. Watermelon Mojito Slushies
21. Charred Sweet Potatoes with Pistachio-Chili Pesto
22. Whole-Wheat Feta Tart with Caramelized Onions and Herbs
The key to the tangy feta-cream cheese filling is a boatload of chopped herbs, like parsley, dill, mint and oregano. Plate it with a Greek salad and bam: Dinner is served.
23. Mint Julep Margaritas
24. Zoodles with Avocado and Mango Sauce
25. Wild Alaska Salmon and Smashed Cucumber Grain Bowls
26. Cranberry-Mint Holiday Punch
27. 15-Minute Cucumber-Avocado Blender Soup
Making soup from scratch is easy on paper, but can feel super tedious after all that slicing, dicing and simmering. Trade your cutting board for a blender and the soup will basically make itself.
28. Grilled Zucchini with Feta and Pumpkin Seeds
29. Thin Mint Tarts
Sure, the recipe uses peppermint extract instead of fresh mint. But in honor of our favorite Girl Scout cookie of all time, we’d be remiss not to put this treat on your radar.
30. Coconut Milk Marinated Lamb Kebab
We’re not sure what to taste first, the impossibly tender leg of lamb or the tarragon-mint pistachio pesto.
31. Pineapple-Mint Spritz
32. One-Pot Curry Chicken Noodle Soup
33. Fried Zucchini and Mint-Pistachio Pesto Pappardelle
Crisp breaded zucchini rounds are just the fatty pairing for citrusy, nutty pasta. Two types of cheese (Parmesan and manchego, to be exact) offer just the right amount of salty bliss.
34. Blueberry Mojito Popsicles
Mint-infused simple syrup meets fresh summer blueberries and citrus juice in this Insta-worthy boozy pop.
35. No-Churn Minted White Chocolate Swirl Ice Cream
Isn’t she lovely? Heavy cream is simmered with fresh mint and infused with peppermint extract for flavor, but a dash of spirulina is the key to its pretty green hue.
For even more great recipes, check out our first cookbook, Only the Good Stuff.