NATAL, Brazil, June 22 (Reuters) - Local organisers have dismissed concerns that last week's landslide in Natal might cause the postponement of Tuesday's World Cup Group D match between Italy and Uruguay.
Italian media reports said there were concerns that a "sinkhole" near the stadium might cause the match to be called off.
A landslide caused by heavy rain destroyed some 70 houses and made more than 150 people homeless last weekend.
The affected area was more than four kilometres from the Dunas arena and Reuters witnesses who were at the site last week and again on Saturday said little had changed.
Two World Cup matches have taken place at the Dunas arena since the landslide and local organisers said on Sunday that the Italy-Uruguay Group D fixture would go ahead.
"The match is confirmed," they said by e-mail. (Reporting by Michael Kahn and Gerhard Mey, Editing by Ed Osmond)
- Sports & Recreation