More in this article:
Nevin Shapiro on Joseph: Play audio
- Position: Offensive tackle
- Rivals recruiting rank: Ranked as the No. 53 player overall in the Class of 2000.
- Miami career: A four-year player and solid two-year starter at offensive tackle for the Hurricanes, Joseph was drafted by the San Diego Chargers in the seventh round of the 2004 NFL draft. He is currently out of football.
Miami booster Nevin Shapiro alleges he provided extra benefits to Carlos Joseph during the 2002 and 2003 seasons. Among the benefits he claimed to have provided:
• VIP access and drinks at nightclubs on at least five occasions.
In Shapiro's words
• "He partook in our club events, I don't know, five times. Maybe 10. He hung out with us a number of times. And whenever his brother [William Joseph] was around, he always brought him."
Could not be reached for comment.