Allegations: JoJo Nicolas
Miami booster Nevin Shapiro alleges he provided multiple extra benefits to Nicolas during his career with the Hurricanes. Among the benefits he claimed to have provided:
• Food, drinks and entertainment at his $6 million mansion on multiple occasions.
• Pool tournaments for cash at his home.
• Drinks and VIP access at nightclubs on multiple occasions.
• Food, drinks and entertainment at Lucky Strike Lanes including a “bowling for dollars” tournament over a weekend in September 2008.
• Yahoo! Sports acquired Shapiro’s September 2008 American Express black card and American Express Platinum card statements showing three charges totaling $2,114.18 from Sept. 13 to Sept. 15 at Lucky Strike Lanes. This is where the booster held his “bowling for dollars” events.
In Shapiro’s words
• ”[He was] a laid-back guy. Nice. Quiet. [He] was there for the pool tournaments, was in the clubs, and was in my house anywhere from 15, 20, 25 times.”
These pages from Nevin Shapiro’s September 2008 American Express black card and American Express Platinum card statements show three charges totaling $2,114.18 from Sept. 13 to Sept. 15, for a series of “bowling for dollars” events with Miami football players at the upscale Lucky Strike Lanes. The tab covered drinks, food and bowling, and the charges on Sept. 15 were for a bill spanning the evening of the 14th and the early morning of the 15th. Shapiro said he held the tournaments, which paid cash to winning teams, in the off week between road games against Florida and Texas A&M. He said multiple players were in attendance, including Marcus Forston, Sean Spence, Aldarius Johnson, Randy Phillips, Travis Benjamin and JoJo Nicolas. PDF file
Did not return messages left on his Facebook page.