- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
The 30-year-old’s father has promised to punish him, condemning his son’s role in sparking a massive post-match brawl.
“I will be very hard on this. I warned him,” Abdulmanap Nurmagomedov told RenTV. “For me, discipline comes first.”
He added that what happens in the ring should – quite literally – stay there: “You do whatever you want in the Octagon but outside this is the border of civilians where there are children, women and strangers.”
Khabib is facing a possible suspension after jumping out of the Octagon to confront members of McGregor’s camp, while his own team jumped up to attack McGregor. Three members of Khabib’s party were detained after the incident, and UFC president Dana White says he could be stripped of the title altogether, in addition to any fines or suspensions.
Khabib’s response following fight night, with the Nevada State Athletic Commission’s decisions on everyone’s minds? “I know my father is going to smash me when I go home.”
More UFC 229 coverage from Yahoo Sports:
• Kevin Iole: Crazy scene erupts after Khabib submits Conor
• Dan Wetzel: Despite ugly scene, UFC will gladly cash in
• Khabib says Putin congratulated him after fight
• UFC skips ceremony after Khabib’s attack
• Dana White: Khabib’s fight check withheld