Here are your Puck Headlines: a glorious collection of news and views collected from the greatest blogosphere in sports and the few, the proud, the mainstream hockey media.
• Sports Illustrated decided to get all Bleacher Reporty by putting together a slideshow of NHL "Puck Bunnies", apparently unaware that such a term is a pejorative to lady puckheads. Both Hockey Broad and Elena Palmer of Eye on the Storm rightfully slaughtered them for it. From the Broad: "Are you going to tell me that the 82-year-old grandmother of twelve is a puck bunny? Or the cute little 10-year-old with her 'I (heart) Patrick Kane' sign? Even if a woman is 22, as smokin' hot as a Victoria's Secret model, and has painted her face or stomach with her team's name, doesn't mean that female fan is automatically a 'puck bunny.'" Rock on, ladies — this isn't a battle, but a war.
• Chicago Blackhawks star Jonathan Toews is working his way back from his concussion, and talked about that minor car accident he had recently: "A lot of people kind of want to tie that in there with this injury. But I guess as they say, 'when it rains, it pours.' It was kind of a rough week and it kind of threw that in there with it. It wasn't too much fun. I was just more concerned with the traffic that was coming down the one way and completely didn't see the obstacle that was in front of me. It was one of those embarrassing things where I didn't want to get out of my car for a long time." [Tribune]
• Sidney Crosby will make a decision on his status for Sunday's game against the Boston Bruins tomorrow. But he didn't say he won't play: "Just the way the schedule's worked out, I probably haven't tested things as best as I would like, but even after the minimal bumping I've done it's been good," Crosby said. "No setbacks, so that's been good." [NHL.com, and Sid Video]
• LeBrun previews the GM meetings: "GMs face the bizarre scenario where they get handed a higher salary cap for July and August with the knowledge that it likely will be lower when the puck drops next season. So how much should they spend this summer? Hence, they'll have questions for the league in the meetings next week." [ESPN]
Greg Zanon on being a healthy scratch for the Boston Bruins: "I don't make those decisions, so I just come." That's the spirit. [WEEI]
• Alex Radulov's team has been eliminated from the KHL playoffs; his agent says there's been no change in his status, but could a return to the Nashville Predators for a playoff run be imminent? [Tennessean]
• Viggo Mortensen wore a Montreal Canadiens jersey under his armor in "Lord of the Rings." In a related story, David Desharnais can't wait for the season to end so he can return to the Shire. [OMG]
• Check out a great BizNasty podcast with Jimmy Traina over on Hot Clicks. [SI]
• Here's every OT game-winning goal Alex Ovechkin as scored. All 12 (!) of them. [Japers' Rink]