- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
- American basketball player
The Toronto Raptors are expected to negotiate a buyout with veteran center Marcus Camby of the final two years, $7.5 million of his contract, a league source told Yahoo! Sports.
The Raptors acquired Camby in the recent trade that sent forward-center Andrea Bargnani to the New York Knicks. Camby said after the trade was agreed upon that he would prefer to play for a title-contending team.
Camby, 38, played sparingly for the Knicks last season. The Los Angeles Clippers, Houston Rockets and Chicago Bulls are expected to have interest in Camby if he clears waivers and becomes a free agent, a league source said.
Related coverage on Yahoo! Sports:
• J.R. Smith out 3 to 4 months after knee surgery days after re-signing with Knicks
• Greg Oden's suitors include Pelicans, Heat, Spurs
• Heat waive Mike Miller using amnesty provision to cut luxury tax bill