Welcome to Week 12 of the National Football League fantasy division. We don’t have many but with all of these injuries you never know when something wacky will pop up, so stay tuned to the Rotoworld News Page and also check out our live blog which I’ll be live blogging starting an hour before kickoff.
We also have Week 12 Rankings from Mr. Pat Daugherty, Nick Mensio’s sleeper picks, my AFC and NFC Targets and Touches and Evan Silva's detailed look at every game in his Matchup Column. So click on all of those and commit them to memory.
Buccaneers at Lions
* Nate Burleson (arm) is listed as probable. He will play in a nice match up.
* Joique Bell (foot) participated in Lions practice Friday and is listed as questionable. He is expected to play.
Editor's Note: Rotoworld's partner FanDuel is hosting a one-week $5,000 Fantasy Football league for Week 12. It's just $5 to join and first prize is $1,000. Starts Sunday at 1pm ET. Here's the FanDuel link.
Vikings at Packers
* Adrian Peterson (groin) told reporters Friday that "nothing has changed" and he fully expects to start despite being listed as questionable.
* Greg Jennings (Achilles') is listed as questionable and tentatively expects to play, but had the same designation last week and wasn’t able to go.
* Aaron Rodgers (collarbone) is out against the Vikings and Scott Tolzien will start.
Jaguars at Texans
* Mike Brown (shoulder) got in a limited practice Friday and is listed as questionable. He will be a game-time call.
* Cecil Shorts (groin) is listed as probable.
* Ben Tate (ribs, ankle, toe) was limited in practice this week, but will play and should have a good game in a nice matchup.
Chargers at Chiefs
* Keenan Allen (knee) practiced in full this week and will play as usual.
* Vincent Brown (shoulder) was limited in practice, but is listed as probable and will play.
* Ryan Mathews (hamstring) practiced in full and will play as normal under the probable tag.
* Eric Fisher (shoulder) is out.
Panthers at Dolphins
* Defensive end Charles Johnson has been diagnosed with a sprained right MCL and is out for this game.
* Mike Wallace (hamstring) was limited in practice, but has not suffered a setback and is listed as probable.
Steelers at Browns
* Emmanuel Sanders (foot) is practiced in full this week and is listed as probable.
* LaMarr Woodley (calf) is not expected to play in Week 12 despite being listed as questionable. This should help the Browns’ passing game.
Bears at Rams
* Jay Cutler (ankle) is out and Josh McCown will get the start.
* Defensive tackle Stephen Paea (toe) has been ruled out. The Bears run defensive needs all the help they can get.
Jets at Ravens
* Santonio Holmes (hamstring) is listed as probable and will play
* Marlon Brown (knee) is listed as probable for Week 12 against the Jets. He practiced fully all week and will be in the starting lineup Sunday.
Titans at Raiders
* Darren McFadden (hamstring) missed Friday's practice and will not play against the Titans. Rashad Jennings will once again get the start in a good matchup.
Colts at Cardinals
* Trent Richardson (calf) is listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the Cardinals but is expected to play.
* Darrius Heyward-Bey (ankle) is listed as probable after a full week of practice. He could start losing snaps to LaVon Brazill due to poor play.
* Michael Floyd (shoulder) is listed as probable after practicing full on Friday. He will play in a good matchup.
Cowboys at Giants
* Miles Austin (hamstring) is listed as probable and will play against the Giants making Terrance Williams a risky start.
* Hakeem Nicks (abdomen) practiced again Friday and is listed as questionable. He sat out Wednesday with what the Giants called a groin injury, though Nicks says it's more of an abdominal issue. Either way, Nicks says he will play.
SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
Broncos at Patriots
* Wes Welker (concussion) was a full participant in Friday’s practice and is listed as probable. He should play against his old team.
* Julius Thomas (knee) is listed as questionable after a limited participation in practice. He looks to be a game-time decision so be prepared.
* Peyton Manning (ankle) returned to practice Thursday and Friday and is listed as probable. Start him without thinking about it.
* The Patriots have listed Aqib Talib (hip), Kyle Arrington (groin), Alfonzo Dennard (knee) and Steve Gregory (hand) as questionable. Dennard most likely won’t play, Talib could try to go, but won’t be 100%, and Arrington and Gregory have a decent chance of playing. It isn’t the best time to be hurting in the secondary when Peyton manning is coming to town.
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
49ers at Redskins
* Jordan Reed (concussion) hasn't been medically cleared to practice yet and it’s not looking great for him at the moment. Keep an eye on Rotoworld for any updates, but if no good news is released prepare for him not to play.
Weather Forecast from NOAA
Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Cleveland Browns: A chance of snow showers, mainly before 5pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 27. Blustery, with a northwest wind 20 to 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
Carolina Panthers at Miami Dolphins: A 30 percent chance of showers, mainly after noon. Mostly sunny, with a high near 79. Breezy, with a north wind 6 to 11 mph increasing to 13 to 18 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 23 mph.
- Sports & Recreation
- American Football
- Hakeem Nicks