Mon Apr 14 01:40pm EDT
They say you shouldn't look a mustachioed gift horse in the mouth, so I'm truly thankful to AOL Sports' guide to "Awesomely Bad Facial Hair" and especially its inclusion of Al Hrabosky, the Mad Hungarian.
However, I'll go on record as saying that no list of goatees, Fu Manchus and lady ticklers can be considered an authority when it overlooks Rod Beck. The key omission of The Shooter not only renders the list incomplete, but it is also disrespectful to the man's memory. Hopefully posting this picture will help to right such an injustice.
Elsewhere in the baseball blogosphere ...
• Jim Gray shows up to announce Little League game, somehow refrains from asking 12-year-old if he bet on baseball. [Rangerfans]
• Surprise of the day: Autographgate comes to an end at Dodger Stadium and it's actually the fans who win. [Sons of Steve Garvey]
• As the Big Unit prepares to make his return tonight, the Diamondbacks have named their 10th anniversary team. [Out In The Desert]
• Sadly, the memory of Brooks Kieschnick is slowly being erased from the recordbooks. [Brew Crew Ball]
• In case you were wondering (and I just know you were), the 61st greatest Royal of all time is Greg Gagne. [Royals Review]