Allegations: Kellen Winslow Jr.
Miami booster Nevin Shapiro alleges he provided Kellen Winslow Jr. with multiple extra benefits during the player’s career with the Hurricanes. Among the benefits he claimed to have provided:
• Entertainment on Shapiro’s $1.6 million yacht and personal watercraft.
• Drinks and VIP access in nightclubs.
• Shapiro said he also paid cash to fix damage Winslow inflicted by crashing one of the booster’s personal watercraft into another boat.
• One source corroborated Winslow crashing one of Shapiro’s personal watercraft into a boat.
• Two sources corroborated Winslow receiving drinks and VIP access from Shapiro in nightclubs. Yahoo! Sports also acquired a photo of Winslow in Shapiro’s VIP section at Opium Garden nightclub in 2003.
In Shapiro’s words
• “Kellen Winslow Jr. was introduced to me the first time on my boat. I forgot who introduced him to me or was providing for him to come by. I think it was Antrel Rolle. I’m pretty sure it was. Kellen came to the boat [and] went out with us. There was one incident where he was on a jet ski and he hit another boat. Luckily, we were able to get him out of that situation and I didn’t have any problems.”
• “He was part of the club scene, as I have a picture of me and him, with a bottle of champagne in my hand with my arm around him and a lollipop in my mouth. … I don’t remember cash payouts to him.”
Could not be reached for comment.