OTTAWA — The NHL All-Star Game is Sunday, and now it's just a matter of which Ottawa Senators or Boston Bruins player will win Most Valuable Player. OK, there may be a few others in contention, but we're just playing the percentages here.
The 2012 MVP will join an illustrious list that includes Wayne Gretzky, Bobby Orr Mario Lemieux, Gordie Howe and Eric Daze. Via Puck Daddy's infographics ace Dan Gustafson of SixteenWins.com, here is an illustrated look at NHL All-Star Game MVPs and their other accomplishments that season.
Gretzky with the rare Lady Byng/NHL All-Star Game MVP double in 1999. He is the Great One!
(Dan will be working with Puck Daddy on creating some whimsical and informative NHL graphics throughout the season. If you have any requests, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit Dan at Sixteen Wins and follow him on Twitter here.)
Previously on Puck Daddy
• Illustrated guide to NHL players that logged 1,000 or more games with one team
• Illustrated guide to USA vs. Canada in World Juniors
• Illustrated guide to the 2011 Ron Swanson NHL All-Star Team
• Illustrated guide to firing NHL coaches during the season
• Illustrated guide to NHL No. 11s on 11-11-11
• Illustrated guide to NHL realignment history
• Illustrated guide to Brendan Shanahan's NHL suspensions (so far)
• Illustrated guide to the Bruins' $156,679 Foxwoods bar tab
- Sports & Recreation/Ice Hockey
- Sports & Recreation
- Boston Bruins
- Wayne Gretzky
- Ottawa Senators