Occasional UFC lightweight Nate Diaz is scheduled to fight Gray Maynard on November 30 at "The Ultimate Fighter 18" finale. As is always the case with the manic Diaz brothers, there's drama involved well before the fight.
As per Nate Diaz's Twitter account, the Stockton, Calif., native won't fight because he's got a 10-year high school reunion to attend that day.
@ufc Cant make it november 30th ive gotta high school reuinion i have to tend too...
— Nathan Diaz (@NateDiaz209) September 23, 2013
Knowing the Diaz brothers, this could of course just be trolling... or it could be Nate trying to stick it to the man, a.k.a. UFC president Dana White. To be honest, trying to make sense of a Diaz action is a waste of everybody's time. We may as well enjoy them for what they are: Brooding, moody fountains of unintentional comedy.
After all, between the two of them, Nick and Nate Diaz have...
• Started a brawl in the ring after a fight that they weren't even involved in,
• Started a brawl when an opponent refused to give an immediate rematch,
• Lost a title shot after a missed press conference,
• Tried to start a fight with at an expo,
• Been suspended for using a homophobic slur on Twitter,
• Said UFC welterweight legend Georges St-Pierre was 'on plenty of steroids',
• Been suspended for using marijuana,
• Started a fight in a hospital,
• and, last but not least, admitted in a press conference to having never paid taxes.
And that's just naming a few.
With all that considered, Nate Diaz may very well skip his fight on Nov. 30 to hit up a class reunion. After all, it wouldn't be the craziest thing him or his brother has ever done.
What's your favorite Diaz moment? Tell us in the comments below.