Guess who's back? (Getty Images)
It's time for the Devil Ball Power Rankings, our weekly look at who's up and who's down in the world of golf. Your panelists are an esteemed group of the world's greatest golf journalists ... or so our mothers tell us. Devil Ball Golf's Jay Busbee and Jonathan Wall, CBS Sports/Eye on Golf's Shane Bacon, and Golf Channel/Golf Talk Central's Ryan Ballengee bring you these, our rankings. Enjoy.
1. Rory McIlroy. Rory's got a careful-what-you-wish-for thing going on. Sure, he likes his girlfriend and he likes sports. But I'll bet Caroline Wozniacki gets very upset if he doesn't want to watch her play all the time. "You like sports! I play sports! Come on, Rors!" Eh, he'll be able to escape to Augusta soon. (3 first-place votes). Last week: T1.
2. Luke Donald. There's a decent chance Donald could break through this year and win the Masters or more. There's also a decent chance he could fall just short. He's the first of the post-Tiger All-Stars who rise high in the rankings without having the major-wins resume to back it up. He'd be just as happy to get off that list. (1 first-place vote.) Last week: T1.
3. Tiger Woods. Well, well, well. Look who's back. You win one marquee tournament and you're back in the picture. It's a shame we haven't been able to talk much about Woods up until now, but we'll make up for it. We promise. Last week: NR.
4. Lee Westwood. Best thing about Westwood's Twitter feed is the way he gets into fights and debates over soccer. We don't get it, but we love reading it. Last week: 4.
5. Justin Rose. Nice little T15 at the Arnold Palmer Invitational. Last week: 3.
6. Charl Schwartzel. If I were Charl, I'd be wearing that green jacket everywhere I possibly could. Just in case, you know. Last week: 8.
7. Steve Stricker. I bet Steve Stricker is just the tiniest bit ticked that Tiger's back. One more hurdle to get over, you know. Last week: 6.
8. Martin Kaymer. Where'd he come from? Last week: NR.
9. Phil Mickelson. Lefty does well when there's absolutely zero spotlight on him. The return of Tiger? Excellent. Last week: 5.
10. Hunter Mahan. He should wear his Golf Boys fur coat at Augusta. They'd love that. Last week: 7.
Also receiving votes: Johnson Wagner: Kyle Stanley, Ernie Els, Bubba Watson, Mark Wilson, Jim Furyk, Keegan Bradley.
All right, your turn. Thoughts on these rankings? Who belongs higher, who belongs lower? Have your say! Go!
- Tiger Woods