A few random facts relating to the Reds and Jay Bruce, in no particular order:
* In 16 games at Triple-A Louisville, he's hitting .333 with three home runs and four stolen bases.
* Bruce was Baseball America's Minor League Player of the Year in 2007, after hitting .319 with 46 doubles and 26 home runs.
* He's in the player pool already, and only owned in 7.6 percent of Yahoo! leagues.
* So far in 2008, Corey Patterson is batting .186 and Norris Hopper is batting .240.
* You just missed Jay Bruce figurine night. Sorry. But Meijer Baseball Bingo is just around the corner, on Monday, April 28.
The 21-year-old Bruce was basically everyone's No. 1 or No. 2 prospect entering the season. His performance so far matches the hype...and nobody's talking about him, really. Whenever he's called up, he's going to be a heavily-added player. If nothing else, he'll be a useful fantasy trade chip. Right now, he's basically free.