- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
You don’t think of tennis as a contact sport, but Friday at the French Open, matters turned physical.
Playing against Germany’s Alexander Zverev, Damir Dzumhur of Bosnia and Herzegovina was between points and reaching for a lobbed ball when … boom.
— Tennis Channel (@TennisChannel) June 1, 2018
Fortunately, the lad was all right, smiling as he left the court. He spent the rest of the match in a photographer’s pit. Perhaps because he was rattled, or perhaps because he was a No. 26 seed playing a No. 2 seed, Dzumhur lost in five sets to Zverev. But the ballboy was fine, and in the end, that’s good news.
More from Yahoo Sports:
• Bolt’s perfect Olympic record forever tarnished
• Ugly ‘secret’ of NFL’s ‘alternate’ cheerleaders exposed
• Which first-round QB is already ‘blowing people away’?
• Belichick has perfect answer when asked about ‘fun’