It’s almost always a bad idea to say anything about Alabama.
Some will proclaim, “We Want ‘Bama!” No you don’t! You really don’t! Vanderbilt defensive lineman Nifae Lealao is a senior. He’s been around the SEC long enough to know that, but that didn’t stop him from saying this:
— Justin Beasley (@JBeasleyWSMV) September 17, 2017
That was Lealao after the Commodores upset No. 18 Kansas State 14-7 in Nashville Saturday night. Lealao and the Vanderbilt defense played really well to contain Jesse Ertz and the Wildcats offense, but next on the schedule is a much bigger challenge. That’s right; it’s none other than No. 1 Alabama, who Vandy hasn’t played since 2011 or beaten since 1984.
Both teams are 3-0, but the Tide will be heavy road favorites.
Vandy is an improved team, no doubt, but you don’t want to give Alabama any extra motivation to knock your teeth in.
– – – – – – –
More from Yahoo Sports:
• Chris Mannix: Boxing’s ugly side shows up at the worst time
• Report: Cowboys owner ‘impeding’ new contract for NFL commissioner
• Twins fire manager dealing with Irma aftermath
• Michigan player’s compliment of the year for Air Force players
• What to make of USC’s thrilling double-OT win over Texas