- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
Free agent quarterback Johnny Manziel was hospitalized in Texas for what he and his representative are calling a reaction to one of his prescription drugs, according to TMZ.
He has already been released.
Manziel was hospitalized on Monday night in Humble, Texas, where he was attending a concert with friends; earlier in the day he played in a golf tournament hosted by Tampa Bay Buccaneers receiver Mike Evans, one of Manziel’s teammates at Texas A&M.
Manziel’s representative, Denise Michaels, told TMZ, “It seems like he had a reaction to an adjustment in his prescription. He’s fine and headed home.”
Midday Tuesday, Manziel posted to social media, writing, “Thank you everyone for your concern and kind messages. Unfortunately I had a reaction to an increased dosage in Lithium which I take for my Bipolar disorder.”
Manziel revealed earlier this year that he’s been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, and is receiving treatment for the condition.
More from Yahoo Sports:
• Tom Brady turns heads at Met Gala with unorthodox tuxedo
• Terez Paylor: The ripple effects of Matt Ryan’s $150M deal
• Ex-Duke star’s mom: NCAA model is like ‘slavery’
• Report: NASCAR owners exploring selling whole sport