The sun is shining, the flowers are blooming and spring has sprung across America. Not only is it allergy season, but it's also lying season – the opaque time of year where every NFL owner, coach and GM is playing a hand of mental poker against their 31 competitors. It's up to the media and NFL fans to figure out what rumors are fact and what rumbles are fiction.
Remember, this time last year it was an absolute lock that Sam Darnold would be a Cleveland Brown.
To guide you through the muddy waters of lying season, Charles Robinson and Terez Paylor are running through some of the major storylines that America is blindly accepting to be true and discussing the likelihood that these rumors are giant, Darnold-sized lies.
But before they can get to that, they talk the Seattle Seahawks, Russell Wilson, his shiny new $140 million contract and what that contract says about future deals for Dak Prescott and Patrick Mahomes (2:05).
Moving onto next week's draft, Terez and Charles discuss:
- If Kyler Murray falling past the #1 overall pick is a possibility (11:20)
- The likelihood that Nick Bosa doesn't become a 49er (18:25)
- Whether or not the New York Giants will take a quarterback in the first round (19:45)
- Missouri QB Drew Lock's recent visit with the Green Bay Packers (and his will-they/won't-they affair with the Denver Broncos) (23:40)
- The Oakland Raiders and their large first-round arsenal (31:15)
- If D.K. Metcalf will be the first wide receiver off the board (33:10)
- What is Ed Oliver's floor? (34:35)
- How many cornerbacks will be taken in the first round (35:0)
Follow Charles @CharlesRobinson
Follow Terez @TerezPaylor