More in this article:
Nevin Shapiro on Geathers: Play audio
Miami booster Nevin Shapiro alleges he provided multiple extra benefits to Jason Geathers from 2002 to 2003. Among the benefits he claimed to have provided:
- Jason Geathers
Position: Wide receiver
Rivals recruiting rank: Unranked. Geathers was a Parade All-American in the Class of 2000.
Miami career: Geathers was a four-year contributor who found his niche as a utility player, platooning at both running back and wide receiver during his career. He currently plays for the Arizona Rattlers of the Arena Football League.
• Drinks and VIP access in nightclubs on multiple occasions.
• Entertainment on Shapiro's $1.6 million yacht on at least one occasion.
• Food, drinks and entertainment at Shapiro's $2.7 million Miami Beach home.
• A $250 bounty for scoring the game-winning touchdown in a 28-27 win over Florida State on Oct. 12, 2002.
• One source corroborated Shapiro giving Geathers cash for a bounty.
In Shapiro's words
• "He was around the club scene. A good guy. Pretty sure he was also on the boat once or twice. He was normally in a pack with a number of guys when he came through."
Did not respond to cell phone messages.