- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
Yeah, yeah, major-league ballplayers are brilliant and fearless and athletic and all, but could they catch a foul ball in a beer cup while holding a phone?
In the top of the fifth of Tuesday night’s Atlanta Braves vs. San Diego Padres game, Gabby DiMarco was sitting in the upper-deck stands of Petco Park when Atlanta’s Ender Inciarte fouled a ball back in her direction. And then, glory:
— Petco Park (@PetcoPark) June 6, 2018
She catches the ball in her cup, celebrates and drains the cup. That, my friends, is talent.
“It bounced from behind me, I was trying to catch it all, and it landed in my cup,” DiMarco told MLB.com. Everyone around her encouraged her to drain the beer, but do you really need to be told to do that?
We don’t often use the word “hero” around these parts, folks, but I think we’ve found one for the 2018 season.
More from Yahoo Sports:
• Warriors and Cavs united on one front: A Trump visit
• Convicted child molester presents dilemma for MLB
• Terez Paylor: As Trump wages war on NFL, players grow tired of ‘lies’
• Report: Trump ‘angry’ that Brady skipped 2017 visit