- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
LeBron James told the world on Sunday how excited and nervous he was for the opening of I Promise, his public school in Akron, Ohio. Now, the day is finally here and kids are pouring into I Promise for the first time.
Third and fourth graders are the school’s first students (the school will expand every year until it holds grades 1-8), and when they walked in on Monday morning, they had some welcome-to-school gifts waiting for them.
While some kids may have had first-day jitters like LeBron, some kids were just in awe of what they were seeing. The “I can’t believe I get to go to school here!” look on this kid’s face is absolutely priceless.
Flabbergasted is the right reaction, because the school is incredible. It’s clear that thought was put into every single detail.
And how about walking into school and seeing 114 of LeBron’s game used kicks on the wall?
The kids are already off to a great start, reciting their school promise on their first day in their brand new digs.
Now that’s how you start a new school year. Hopefully LeBron was able to get over his first day jitters after seeing that, because those kids already have and they look ready to learn.
– – – – – –
More from Yahoo Sports:
• Eric Adelson: Jason Pierre-Paul saved his career, but can he save the Bucs?
• LeBron James opens up his I Promise school with much fanfare
• Trea Turner latest player to apologize for offensive tweets as Nats investigate
• NFL reportedly tells Jerry Jones to pipe down on anthem talk