You could spend an eternity on YouTube or NHL.com searching highlight-reel goal clips from over the years.
In this Internet age, a goal can happen anywhere and find its way onto YouTube within 10 minutes of it actually happening.
These won't be 10 goals strictly from the NHL. There was an awe-inspiring effort during the World Championships last spring; a doozy of an junior player going all-out; and an incredible individual effort coming out of the Middle East of all places.
Coming up our top 10 goals from the year in hockey 2011, from the Stanley Cup playoffs all the way down to the Greater Ontario Junior Hockey League.
10. Ryan Kesler splits Nashville's defense (May 5, 2011)A video or other embedded content has been hidden. Click here to view it.
Kesler posted 11 points in Vancouver's series victory over the Nashville Predators. This goal, in Game 4, would be the eventual game winner that would put the Vancouver Canucks up 3-1 in the series.
9. Alex Ovechkin's individual overtime effort beats the Islanders (March 1, 2011)A video or other embedded content has been hidden. Click here to view it.
What's a top goals list without Ovechkin? Frans Nielsen is one of the NHL's better defensive forwards, but Ovechkin sure does make him look silly here in a Washington Capitals game against the New York Islanders.
8. The fancy hands of Ben Eager (what?) and Matt DucheneA video or other embedded content has been hidden. Click here to view it.
Who would've thought that a guy with over 700 PIMs and 36 goals in less than 400 NHL games would have such silky mitts?A video or other embedded content has been hidden. Click here to view it.
There aren't many toe-drags that are both gorgeous to look at and result in a goal. Duchene's pretty effort would be the last highlight of the night for the Colorado Avalanche. After grabbing a 2-0 lead, the Pittsburgh Penguins would score six of the next seven goals in the game and win 6-3.
7. Dave Bolland turns Ryan Suter inside out (Jan. 16, 2011)A video or other embedded content has been hidden. Click here to view it.
Do you know how hard it is to make Ryan Suter look silly? Not only that, then Bolland had to find a way to beat Predators goalie Pekka Rinne of all people.
6. Benoit Pouliot goes coast-to-coast (Dec. 23, 2011)A video or other embedded content has been hidden. Click here to view it.
Not sure what was more stunning: Pouliot's deking around Florida Panthers defenseman Dmitry Kulikov or Boston Bruins announcer Jack Edwards singing the praises of the man he once called "one of the greatest disappointments in talent in National Hockey League history".
5. Nick Boyer goes roof daddy from the ice (Dec. 7, 2011)