February 24, 2010
My email inbox is amazing sometimes.
Funny? Try creepy. Check out some of the "uncanny" similarities between new-Knick Tracy McGrady(notes) and old-Knick Allan Houston(notes). It's like a freakin' episode of "Lost," man. Who stole McGrady's baby!? Was it The Others!?
• Both players have five letters in their first name
• Both have seven letters in their last name
• Both played with the Knicks (!)
• Both were born in the 70's
• Both have played a full 12 seasons in the NBA
• Both made way too much money playing ball
• Houston's middle name is Wade; McGrady's middle name is Lamar (Um, both Wade and Odom played for the Heat at one point in their careers, I guess)
• In his final season, Houston lost the majority of his minutes — many were taken by newcomer Trevor Ariza(notes); In his final season in Houston, McGrady lost the majority of his minutes — many were taken by newcomer Trevor Ariza
And my favorite:
• Both were 4-for-4 in free throws at an All-Star Game, once