Here are your Puck Previews: Spotlighting the key games in NHL action, news and views as well as general frivolity. Make sure to stop back here for the nightly Three Stars when the games are finished.
Preview: Toronto Maple Leafs at Boston Bruins, 7 p.m. ET. (Series tied 3-3) The Maple Leafs are the 48th team in NHL history to force a Game 7 after falling behind 3-1 in a playoff series. They're also 1-13 in series when they've trailed 3-1, with their last comeback coming in 1942 over the Detroit Red Wings when they were behind 3-0. But you throw out history in Game 7s. Anything can happen. Anyone can step up. So far, it's been James Reimer carrying Toronto to this point, while the Bruins are hoping to finally get contributions from the likes of Tyler Seguin and Brad Marchand to put them in the second round.
Preview: New York Rangers at Washington Capitals, 8 p.m. ET (Series tied 3-3) Another seven-game series between the Capitals and Rangers ends Monday night with the expectation that it will be another tight one. The last five games in this series have been decided by a single goal and the home team has won every game so far. New York has not won any of their five road Game 7s in franchise history, with their last coming in 2009 when Sergei Fedorov scored a late winner for the Capitals.
NOTE: We'll be live chatting during both games tonight, so please join us beginning at 7 p.m. ET. Rumor has it Mayor McBoobs will be there.
• Here's today's Marek vs. Wyshynski podcast featuring Scott Morrison of Sportsnet. [MvsW]
• If you missed it, Penguins/Senators and Kings/Sharks kick off Round 2 on Tuesday. Blackhawks/Red Wings begins Wednesday. [NHL]
• NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly confirmed to Fox Sports Arizona's Craig Morgan that a bid submitted by Darin Pastor to purchase the Phoenix Coyotes has been rejected. [FS Arizona]
• Following superstition, a Capitals fan plans to listen to Game 7 Monday night in his car. Parked in his driveway. [Washington Post]
• After defeating Slovenia 4-3 in overtime today, Canada has summoned P.K. Subban to join them at the World Championships. [IIHF]
• Finally, John Tortorella: press conference aficionado:
Puck Buddy Comment of the Day: "Tom Brannon" is pumped for Game 7 after the Bruins ate heartily after Game 6:
Hey, that's why they are called the BRUINS! Voracious APPETITE.
They better have an APPETITE TO WIN .. come GAME 7 @ BOSTON.
They sorely lacked that in GAME 5 & I did not see Game 6, but they lost that one of course.
BLACK AND GOLD RISE to the OCCASION!
Make sure to clean your plate, I mean the puck, and handle the puck better without all those turnovers, oh, not the apple ones!
Bold Prediction: Two overtimes tonight and David Krejci and Mike Green score the series winners.