Buffalo GM Tim Murray praises Sabres players, fans, as tank job hits crucial point

Tim Murray, center, the new Buffalo Sabres hockey team general manager, takes questions from the media at the First Niagara Center in Buffalo, N.Y. , Thursday, Jan. 9, 2014. (AP Photo/Nick LoVerde)

Sabres general manager Tim Murray went on local radio station WGR550 to talk about his team. And the Buffalo Sabres Twitter account was armed and ready to relay Murray’s message to its masses of 263k-plus followers. 

And while Murray’s tweeted words would sound bland coming from most general managers. This is the Sabres, and every quote must be taken in context of tanking and the absurdity that is the 2014-15 Buffalo organization.

So it’s our job to take the tweets and put them in the "proper" context as Murray prepares for the reported April 18 draft lottery AKA, The Most Important Day in Buffalo's season.

(Parody inner monologue): You freaking idiots. Why did you beat Arizona on Monday. You were supposed to lose. Ugh, why do I have guys on this team playing for contracts next season. 

(Parody inner monologue): You guys have been amazing … to me. For buying into my grand plan of giving the organization a 20 percent chance to land a generational talent with the No. 1 pick. Even though there’s an 80 percent chance I won’t get Connor McDavid with the No. 1 pick, thank you everyone! Keep cheering when the other team scores! 

(Parody inner monologue): Just in case we lose the lottery, people, don’t riot. Noah Hanifin is pretty good. Just saying.

(Parody inner monologue): Evander Kane is a great leader of men.

This is of course all fun and games. Murray’s job is to try to do what he believes is best for the Sabres in the long run – which this year meant losing a lot of games in hopes of getting the top pick in the upcoming NHL draft. And to top it off, the Sabres Twitter account then said the team is auctioning some of its famous Turd Burger jerseys. 

- - - - - - -

Josh Cooper is an editor for Puck Daddy on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at puckdaddyblog@yahoo.com or follow him on Twitter!

MORE FROM YAHOO HOCKEY