Here is the Puck Daddy Viewing Guide: Spotlighting five things to watch for during tonight's slate of games. Make sure to stop back here for the nightly Three Stars when the games are finished.
• • • • •
• • • • •
Five things to know about tonight's NHL games ...
1. Sabres will listen to Miller. New GM Tim Murray will be the one linked to whatever Ryan Miller's future holds. The team obviously would like to re-sign him, but in their rebuilding phase, trading him for asset could be the better option. Said Sabres president of hockey operations Pat LaFontaine: “But at the same instance, I got to know what he wants to do. And if it fits into the plan long-term and financially it’s a good fit, Ryan Miller will be here. And if not, if he doesn’t want to be here, we’ll make the best choice for the future of the organization.”
2. Erat scratched again. Citing a coach's decision, Martin Erat will be in the press box while Aaron Volpatti will be in the Capitals' lineup. Last time this happened, Erat demanded a trade. Will he double dog dare George McPhee now?
3. Backstrom, Blum in for Wild. Ballard out. Niklas Backstrom will get his third start this month and look for his third win in a row against the Coyotes. Blum will make his debut with the Wild, at the expense of Keith Ballard, who is being scratch for the second time in three games. Though, Mike Yeo says they are not giving up on him.
4. Good news for Loui. Loui Eriksson hasn't played since Dec. 7 when he suffered his second concussion this season. He was finally cleared for contact Wednesday in the next step of his recovery.
5. Magic Man no go vs. Sharks. Pavel Datsyuk will sit out tonight's game in San Jose with a lower-body injury. It'll be his second game in a row he'll be scratched. “It doesn’t look like Pavel’s going anytime soon," said Mike Babcock.
Bold Prediction: California sweep as the Ducks, Kings and Sharks all win.
- Ice Hockey
- Sports & Recreation
- Buffalo Sabres
- Toronto Maple Leafs
- Washington Capitals
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- Ryan Miller
- San Jose Sharks
- Vancouver Canucks
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Boston Bruins
- Dallas Stars
- New Jersey Devils