There's been a lot of betting action on Iowa to win the Big Ten at the M Resort.
After opening at 10/1 to win the Big Ten Championship Game, the Hawkeyes are down to 3/1 favorites. That puts Iowa tied for fourth-favorites with Nebraska behind Ohio State, Wisconsin and Michigan State.
While the line only jumped Iowa over Michigan – who is still at 5/1 – it's the biggest move for a non-longshot in any of the four conferences with a championship game.
In addition to Ohio State (at 10/11) in the Big Ten, Florida State remains the betting favorite in the ACC (3/5), Oregon is tops in the Pac-12 (5/6) and Alabama has the longest odds of any favorite in the SEC (even).
Some other notes:
• The popularity of Florida is helping the Gators' odds look smaller than they may be in reality. Florida opened as a 5/1 favorite in the SEC and is now at 6/1. At the MGM (via Sporting News), Florida has moved from 75/1 to 18/1 to win the College Football Playoff.
• Bettors are bullish on Ole Miss. The Rebels are 8/1 favorites to win the SEC while Texas A&M is at 25/1. Missouri is 12/1 after starting 20/1.
• The second-favorite in the ACC is Miami, which is now at 4/1. A better bet is Duke at 8/1. Miami is in the same division as Clemson and FSU.
• UCLA is the second-favorite in the Pac-12 at 2/1 with USC not too far behind at 13/5. Stanford is tied with Arizona State and Washington at 5/1.
- - - - - - -
- Sports & Recreation
- American Football
- Big Ten Championship Game