It turns out that Ohio State quarterback Braxton Miller's injury on Saturday thankfully wasn't as bad as it looked.
Miller was down on the turf for a few minutes after he was slammed down on a tackle, and was walking very gingerly from the bench before he was carted off and eventually taken to a hospital.
Ohio State coach Urban Meyer said Miller is fine and should practice Tuesday, which is shocking considering how frightening the situation looked.
Ben Axelrod of BuckeyeGrove.com provided updates from Meyer's press conference, which can be found here. The highlights were:
• All test results on Braxton Miller came back negative. Said he's very sore, but expects him to practice tomorrow.
• Meyer said Braxton suffered from whiplash and was rattled.
• Meyer is concerned about the shots Braxton has taken. Said he's tough and takes care of himself. Said the team is trying to balance using him as the team's best weapon and keeping him healthy.
The final point from Meyer, via Axelrod, is a pretty important one going forward, starting with this Saturday's game against Penn State (assuming Miller gets through the week OK and plays). While Miller is fantastic in the open field, he also needs to balance being a great playmaker and sticking with the style that makes him special with keeping himself healthy. Ohio State is obviously a much better team when he isn't on the sideline with an injury.
We'll have to see if this injury causes Miller to slide or go out of bounds a little more frequently.
- - -
Got a tip for Dr. Saturday? Email us at email@example.com . You can also connect with us via Twitter @YahooDrSaturday and be sure to "Like" Dr. Saturday on Facebook for football conversations and stuff you won't see on the blog.
More news from the Yahoo! Sports Minute:
Other popular content on the Yahoo! network:
• Giants cap classic comeback with 9-0 rout over Cardinals | Photos
• Jay Cutler toughs it out after a brutal (but legal) sack
• NBA creates 'Reggie Miller rule'
• Lance Armstrong removes Tour de France titles from his Twitter profile