Wow, it seems like only days ago that the PGA Championship ended, and we're already off and running with the FedEx Cup playoffs! The four-tournament festivities begin next week at The Barclays, which means that several big-name bubble players only have this weekend's Wyndham tournament to get into the top 125 and the playoff field.
Here's a look at several players who are very close to that top-125 cut line:
119. Davis Love III. Odds are the Ryder Cup captain's got a bit more on his mind than the FedEx Cup.
121. Boo Weekley. No more pony rides? Say it ain't so, Boo!
124. Jhonattan Vegas. The magic of a year ago hasn't carried over to this season.
129. Y.E. Yang. They showed his victory over Tiger Woods at the 2009 PGA during the rain delay. Sadly, those points don't count for this year.
135. Stewart Cink. Hasn't seemed himself since beating Tom Watson way back in '09.
137. John Daly. Biggest surprise on Tour? Getting close. He's got time to get his Tour card for 2013, but may have run out of time to get into the playoffs.
146. Camilo Villegas. Like Anthony Kim, the star of 2008 has fallen on ever-harder times.
157. Justin Leonard. Those big major/Ryder wins seem a long, long way away now.
189. Fred Couples. Too bad; every tournament's a better one with Freddie in it.
219. Lucas Glover. Probably not happening this year.
We'll update you on the final Barclays field, along with the hits and misses, as this week's tournament progresses.