The WNBA All-Star Game featured many cool moments like a tribute to Brittney Griner (who is wrongfully detained in Russia), a Sylvia Fowles dunk, 4-point shots, and much more. Novak Djokovic won his 7th Wimbledon Championship and 21st grand slam single’s title overall, but he won’t get a crack at his 22nd at the US Open due to his refusal to become vaccinated against covid19. PLUS: The WNBA All-Star MVP trophy stands out in a weird way.
- They have all changed their All-Star jersey with their name and their number. Every single player has come out in a Brittney Griner jersey with her number 42 on the front and back and her name.
- The 2022 WNBA All-Star game was full of memorable moments. Every player on both team Wilson and team Stewart wore Brittney Griner jerseys to show support for the WNBA star currently being detained in Russia. And Griner was also named an honorary starter for the game. As for the game itself, a pair of legends in Sue Bird and Sylvia Fowles were lacing it up for their last All-Star game as they both are retiring at the end of the season. And Fowles made sure to go out in style.
- Throwing it down! Sylvia Fowles!
- Wow. The only thing that might be better than a dunk is a 4 point shot.
- And Candace Parker banks in the four pointer.
- I love it. NBA, you better be taking notes. I want to see this in actual games. In the end, team Wilson beat team Steward 134 to 112 behind All-Star MVP Kelsey Plum, who tied the All-Star game record with 30 points. I got one question, though. Why does Kelce's Kelsey's MVP trophy look so damn small? It don't need to be Stanley Cup size, but come on, now. This is ridiculous.
This is the WNBA All-Star game, not a tea party. Anyways, rant over. One guy who always seems to be ranting and raving is Nick Kyrgios, who found himself in the Wimbledon final against none other than Novak Djokovic. And Kyrgios put everyone on an upset alert after he took the first set. But then, the wheels started to fall off.
NICK KYRGIOS: Yeah, but it shouldn't be coming down to your opinion. She was distracting me when I'm serving in a Wimbledon final. When-- there's no other bigger occasion. You didn't believe me, and then she did it again. And it nearly cost me the game.
NICK KYRGIOS: You all came to watch. She's still here! She's drunk out of her mind in the first place speaking to me in the middle of the game. It's the one who have-- dressed with-- the one that looks like she's done about 700 drinks, bro.
- Damn! I don't want to say that Kyrgios let a drunk heckler get in his head, but Novak did win the next three sets to take the title.
- Game, set, and match. Djokovic.
- A seventh Wimbledon. A 21st Grand Slam.
- As for Djokovic, it's his fourth Wimbledon title in a row, his seventh overall, and his 21st Grand Slam, which moves him one short of Rafael Nadal's record of 22. But Djokovic won't have a chance to win his 22nd at the US Open due to his unvaccinated status.
- And here we go.
- The Joker already missed the Australian Open earlier this year, and he confirmed he still has no plan to get the COVID vaccine. So unless the US changes its policy or an exemption is made, it looks like the Joker is going to have to wait to tie Rafa's record.
- This guy is something else.
- Self-imposed stupidity.
- Voluntary mandatory withdrawal.
- What is the proper description of what Novak's doing right now? Because whatever it is, it's not good.
- True story.
- I mean, at this point, you could be the GOAT, but you're choosing not to be. You're making a choice, Novak.