The NFL put together an “In memoriam” video paying tribute to people associated with the league who have died in the last year and aired it at U.S. Bank Stadium ahead of Sunday’s Super Bowl.
That video apparently included a shot of convicted murderer and former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez, who took his own life in his prison cell last April.
This caught the attention of some reporters getting ready to cover the game.
Hernandez’s appearance was apparently brief — so brief in fact, that no video has yet surfaced on social media.
A brief Hernandez appearance seems to be some sort of compromise of two conflicting thoughts:
This guy was a violent criminal and a pariah loathed by football fans and decent people everywhere.
This guy was a prominent NFL player who died last year.
Either way, it caught caught people’s attention. We’ll be on the lookout for video if it pops up.
More NFL coverage from Yahoo Sports:
• Eagles QB on becoming a pastor: ‘In my heart, that’s what I want’
• Brady shares beaming family pic ahead of Super Bowl
• Are the Patriots the greatest dynasty in sports history?
• Steelers’ Shazier reportedly has regained movement in legs
• Colts linebacker killed by suspected drunk driver