March is the time of year college basketball analysts like ESPN's Dick Vitale work around the clock so a malfunctioning earpiece is bound to happen from time to time. Hopefully it just doesn't end up on YouTube.
Unfortunately for Vitale, a recent interview with Chicago station WGN did just that after Vitale's earpiece accidentally had him listening to a Charlotte TV station one minute and Chicago's WGN the next.
Hilarity ensues as WGN sports anchor Pat Tomasulo starts mimicking Vitale on-air and Vitale randomly talks about the injuries of North Carolina's John Henson and Duke's Ryan Kelly before finally hearing the Chicago anchors. That's followed by a very long, awkward pause and Dickie V stating "Chicago baby! Chicago! Great, great city" before the interview finally starts.
This whole thing is awkward with a capital "A," baby!
Most popular on LostLettermen.com:
• Where are they now? March Madness' one-hit wonders ft. Kevin Pittsnogle
• Gallery: College football Pro Combat helmet designs go viral on internet
• Alex Ovechkin, tourney genius? Correctly picks Norfolk State upset
• VIDEO: Syracuse head coach Jim Boeheim rips Reggie Miller in presser
• PHOTO: Craig Sager's awful bracket tie sets fashion back 50 years
More NCAA tournament content on the Yahoo! network:
• Sunday look: Eight more teams will advance to the Sweet 16
• Hampton coach Steve Merfeld welcomes two teams to his 'upset club'
• Y! Finance: Is March Madness as lucrative as the Super Bowl?