NFL officials are undecided about the future of the Pro Bowl, according to NFL.com.
Sources told NFL.com that there will be discussions internally and with players on the short- and -long-term plans for the game.
One source involved in the decision-making process said that the quality of play during Sunday's Pro Bowl was much better than last year's game but that does not necessarily mean the all-star game will continue.
Commissioner Roger Goodell responded to a question about the competitiveness of the game during a chat with fans on Reddit.
"I watched the game and noticed the improved quality of the game," he said. "I appreciate the players' commitment in this regard. We need to continually work to make our game better for the fans. I look forward to getting detailed player comment and input over the next few weeks."
The NFC beat the AFC 62-35 in Honolulu but there were a noticeable number of empty seats.
Reportedly, a change being considered is moving the Pro Bowl to the Super Bowl host city, and continue playing it the week before the game. However, many players have said they prefer playing it the week after the Super Bowl.