October 24, 2007
Below, you'll find links to 10 things you may not have known about the 2007 World Series, and the Red Sox, in particular. I do not know if any hypotheses can be drawn from these, but leave your thoughts in the comments section, would you?
• If you want more proof that women find even the scariest-looking athletes attractive, look no further than this.
• The World Series shouldn't start on a weekday, says our man Red from Surviving Grady. "That's great for hobos and inmates, but what about the working man?"
• You may have heard that Dave Roberts will be throwing out the opening pitch at Fenway Park tonight. If you knew that a blogger had named their cat "Rocky Dave Roberts Markakat," though, it's probably a safe bet that you're a Sox fan.
• Sarah, one of the wiseacre women at Babes Love Baseball, has penned a piece suggesting that Red Sox fans are "pretty meticulous about their nuts." Can't say I should argue, but given the whole humidor thing, I've got a question: Is it safe to say the Rockies are meticulous about their balls, too?
• Baseballs become tender when placed in a saucepan.
• In case you were wondering, Johnny Pesky is still the man.
• I'm still asking a basic question: What do the Blues Brothers think of the Rockies being on "a mission from God"?
• Memo to FOX: The Red Sox ended the "curse" in 2004. Might want to check on that.