Here are your Puck Headlines: A glorious collection of news and views collected from the greatest blogosphere in sports and the few, the proud, the mainstream hockey media.
Chad Johnson (@ochocinco) July 30, 2014
• Chad Ochocinco may be in the Canadian Football League right now, but he's hoping to get back to America some way, somehow. His newest plan: backup goalie for the New York Islanders. It'll be an easy transition, since they already have a Chad Johnson in that role.
• What hath the Brendan Shanahan era in Toronto wrought? No major changes to the core, but some serious adjustments to the team's depth, on and off the ice. [Maple Leafs Hot Stove]
• The best players from every franchise in the NHL. What, no Jagr? [ESPN]
• We've already talked about Steven Stamkos potentially being Leafbron, and going to play in his hometown, but what about P.K. Subban? He certainly doesn't throw any water on the question. Here comes the speculation! All hail Subbron! [National Post]
• Paul Stewart on how an NHL official can command respect. [Huffington Post]
• The Kings have signed Dwight King to a three-year extension worth $5.85 million. [LA Kings Insider]
• What's the greatest hockey game you've ever witnessed? [The Hockey Writers]
• Trevor Linden on Vancouver radio: "I'm not sure that the intended use of fighting - which is to protect our stars - actually works." [Canucks Army]
• I love Joe Pelletier's hockey history. Here's some stuff on the NHL during World War II, when "errant pucks shot into the crowd at games had to be returned because of a rubber shortage." [Greatest Hockey Legends]
• The Champions Hockey League has secured a three-year broadcasting deal with One World Sports in the U.S. [CHL]
• Nail Yakupov talks about the upcoming season, which is terribly important for his NHL career. [Oilers Nation]
• How bad is John Scott going to be for the Sharks? I love that this is the title of this post. [Fear the Fin]
• Brad Marchand talks about his hatred for Tomas Plekanec. “I can’t stand him. No, I probably shouldn’t say that. I dislike him very much," he says. It's the turtleneck, I'll bet. [CSNNE]
• And finally, here's video of Marchand saying exactly that: