Among the sports luminaries that have already shown up: Dodgers manager Joe Torre, Washington coach Lorenzo Romar and former Arizona coach Lute Olson, all good friends of Wooden.
Everyone attending the memorial will receive a copy of the pyramid of success with the following quote from Wooden: "Success is peace of mind which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you did your best to become the best that you are capable of being."
Ushers at the door are also handing out a program with an itinerary for the memorial and a poem Wooden wrote late in his life entitled "Don't Look Back" that explains why he didn't fear death. On the back of the program is a photo of Wooden with his arm around his late wife Nell under the title "A Celebration of Life."
• Music -- Deirdre Mary Rodgers "Galway Bay"
• Opening Remarks -- Al Michaels, UCLA play-by-play announcer from 1973-75
• Invocation -- Pastor Janelle Vaughan
• Gene Block, UCLA chancellor
• Dan Guerrero, UCLA athletic director
• Video: Dick Enberg
• Ben Howland, UCLA basketball coach
• Video: Charles E. Young, UCLA chancellor emeritus
• Jamaal Wilkes, UCLA 1972-74
• Video: Anna Li, The Wooden Academy
• Keith Erickson, UCLA 1963-65
• Video: Judy Olian, John Wooden Global Leadership
• Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, UCLA 1967-69
• Video: Vin Scully
• Pastor Dudley Rutherford
• Closing Remarks -- Al Michaels
• Video -- John Wooden "In His Words"
- John Wooden