The Super Bowl and college hoops are crossing paths this weekend … in Las Vegas.
Various sports books around the Vegas valley are offering just about any prop bet you can dream up when it comes to Sunday's clash between the Patriots and Giants. Heck, if you were so inclined — or felt like blowing that much money — you could have action on every single play of the game.
Here is a closer look at — along with our picks — some of the crossover props involving college basketball offered up at a couple of Vegas shops.
Lucky's Sports Books
• Who will have more: UNLV points Saturday at Wyoming (-3) or Aaron Hernandez receiving yards?
Well, the Cowboys have only allowed more than 60 points three times this season and UNLV has struggled offensively on the road. On the other side, Aaron Hernandez figures to be a prime target for Tom Brady with Rob Gronkowski still working back from a high ankle sprain. PICKS — Ryan Greene: Hernandez; Jeff Eisenberg: Hernandez.
• Who will have more: Nevada points Saturday vs. Idaho or Wes Welker receiving yards (-2)?
Nevada should be able to score big at home in this one, but Welker figures to benefit just like Hernandez should … and he averaged just a shade under 100 yards per game this season, including 136 in a Week 9 loss to the Giants. PICKS — RG: Welker; JE: Welker.
• Who will have more: Tim Hardaway Jr. points at Michigan State (-.5) or Ahmad Bradshaw rushing attempts?
Um … flip a coin … but keep in mind that MIchigan State will be out for blood in a nice revenge spot. PICKS — RG: Bradshaw; JE: Hardaway.
• Who will have more: Austin Rivers points vs. Miami (-.5) or Giants first half points?
Rivers is averaging 14.1 points per game. Gotta take your chances with the balanced Giants against a patchy Patriots defense … right? PICKS — RG: Giants; JE: Giants.
LVH Super Book
• Who will have more: Michigan points at Michigan State (-5.5) or Giants/Patriots combined points?
Well, Michigan State DID just hold a team to 42 points in a game … on the road. PICKS — RG: Giants/Patriots; JE: Michigan.
• Who will have more: Northwestern/Illinois combined points (-27.5) or Giants rushing yards?
Illinois was that team that scored 42 points. So, yeah … PICKS — RG: NW/Ill.; JE: NW/Ill.
• Who will have more: John Shurna combined points and rebounds at Illinois or Tom Brady completions (-1.5)?
This one could be the most entertaining selection on the board to track. Shurna can pile up numbers in a big way, and the Patriots don't run the ball all that much. Your guess is as good as ours. PICKS — RG: Shurna; JE: Brady.
• Who will have more: Nebraska points at Minnesota or Victor Cruz receiving yards (-26.5)?
No one has been able to slow down Cruz this season, and he's fresh off of a 10-catch, 142-yard showing against one of the NFL's top defenses in the NFC title game. Can Belichick solve the puzzle? (Nah.) PICKS — RG: Cruz; JE: Cruz.