No, we're not bringing you outdoor basketball highlights. At least not this week. We are, however, rife with a hodgepodge of fantastic viral clips from the past couple weeks, with a heavy dose of high school all-star action, to boot.
• Kieran Woods, Crane (Ill.): The high school hoops season may have wrapped up, but that just means that it's time for AAU spring ball and other top offseason tournaments. Last weekend Woods got in the act at the Luther Bedford All-Star Classic, where he took an off-the-backboard assist from one of his traditional competitors -- Whitney Young (Ill.) High's Kiefer Sykes -- en route to a massive thunder dunk.
• Bismack Biyombo, Congo: This dunk in the Nike Hoops Summit would have been impressive enough regardless of who it came on, but the fact that current NBA Draft high-riser Biyombo came over all-everything recruit Michael Gilchrist only makes it stand out all the more.
• C.K. McClatchy (Calif.) junior varsity vs. Florin (Calif.) junior varsity: We have no idea who the guard drilling this behind-the basket shot is, but he hit this trick floater that would have made LeBron or Wade proud ... not that he'd pick to impress them rather than a Lakers or Warriors sharp shooter given his hometown in California.
• Some team, somewhere: We have absolutely no idea where this team is, and which opponent they pulled this buzzer beating gem off against. What we do know is that this inbounds play might be the best last minute dunk lob we've seen in a high school game. For it to win a game makes it even more astounding.
• New Mexico (N.M.) Junior Hawks vs. Tuscon (Ariz.) Spartans: This 14-U AAU matchup of top middle school talent saw the Spartans rally back from a major second half deficit to take a late lead ... only to sit back and watch all their hard work undone by a miracle heave from a Junior Hawks hot hand in the final 1.6 seconds. It doesn't get much more heartbreaking than that.
• Nick Weeden, Episcopal School (Va.) vs. St. Stephen-St. Agnes (Va.): What's better than a high-powered lacrosse faceoff in the mid-Atlantic? I high powered lacrosse faceoff that ends on an absolutely phenomenal rocket shot of a game-winning goal in the fourth overtime! Cue the D.C.-area highlights ...
• Some strong-legged goalkeeper somewhere: Who is this powerful-legged goalkeeping dynamo? We don't have the slightest, but we know he's got a heck of a boot on him, as he proved with this goal from a goal kick. We've yet to see one of these goals that doesn't impress us.
• Clara Nichols, Millard (Neb.) South: This is how you set a meet record in a sprint event; by going really, really hard. Nichols looked like she was about ready to collapse as soon as she crossed the finish line, but not before she set a new meet record for her hometown Millard South invitational.
• Kaufman (Texas) track team: Why are we showing this 100-meter sprint, won by a Kaufman track team member during the team's district meet at Crandall (Texas) High? Because 100-meter sprints are always entertaining to watch, that's why!