But we had a reassuring report from Mike Chappell of the Indianapolis Star on Wednesday evening:
The Indianapolis Colts veteran quarterback was running and throwing on the Macholtz Stadium field late this afternoon. One person who saw Manning throwing said he was doing so with "decent velocity."
So let's all relax a bit.
Just off the top of my head, here are three other decent signs regarding Manning's health and fantasy potential:
• The Colts felt OK about paying him $90 million;
• He's never missed a game in a 13-year NFL career;
• He hasn't finished outside the top-six fantasy scorers at his position since his rookie year.
There's still a lot to like here. This is not a player you'll want to bet against, and he's coming off a season in which he established career highs in completions (450), attempts (679) and yards (4,700). Draft, enjoy. No obvious reason to downgrade.
Photo via US Presswire
Other popular stories on Yahoo! Sports:
• LeBron James comes to Tim Tebow's defense
• Player-umpire divide is hurting baseball
• Gilbert Arenas trying to block reality TV show
• Sign up for Fantasy Football
- Sports & Recreation
- Sports & Recreation/American Football
- Indianapolis Colts